Tips for New Incentive Potty Training
You can change your circumstance by changing your attitude. Potty training can be a fun, creative experience!
Principles of Potty Training
- Children want to please their parents.
- Force will always be met with resistance.
To really help your child learn and get potty trained . . .
Trainer - Mom, Dad, or Caregiver
Set a goal to bond closer with the child as you train.
- Be Positive
Let the child know the goal as you introduce the watch.
- Be Patient
There will be set backs, deal with them positively.
- Be Happy
Remember, the child really wants to succeed.
- Be Smart
This is a creative project; so make it FUN!
Trainee - Child
Set goals to help the child know when they've succeeded:
- Want to be a big boy or big girl.
- You want to "potty" in the toilet.
- You want to stay dry and not have stinky on your body.
- You want to wear big boy or girl underwear.